Limited Visitor Policy
Children's Hospital at Erlanger is currently under a limited visitor policy as detailed below. Visitation policies for each unit or clinic can change daily and are at the discretion of hospital and medical department leadership based on patient/visitor needs, patient status, activity in the unit/clinic, and visitor behavior. Please follow the guidance of the care team.
- If You Are Ill - Visitors will not be allowed if they have symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath).
- Minors - Children under age 14 are not allowed except under extraordinary circumstances. Erlanger Western Carolina Hospital will not allow children under age 12.
Entering Children's Hospital
- Enter through the Children’s Hospital parking garage entrance (opposite from Main Hospital Entrance).
Check-in and Badging
Visitors to Children’s Hospital must check in at the Information Desk and receive a photo Visitor Badge.
- Persons aged 18 and above must show a valid form of photo identification.
- Badge must be worn and visible at all times during your visit and cannot be shared.
- A new badge is required for each day of your visit. Visitor badges have a color identifier that changes daily.
- Approved overnight visitors will receive an Overnight Badge with room number. Overnight visitors require house supervisor approval
- Visitor badges are not required for Medical Mall doctor visits or procedures.
Current Visiting Hours and Limitations
Inpatient Visiting Hours children's floors are 9AM – 9PM. Limited visitation policies for specific care areas including hours and number visitors/caregivers allowed are detailed below: