For any medical emergency, call 9-1-1
What is Pediatric Emergency Medicine?
Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Children’s Hospital at Erlanger
910 Blackford Street
Chattanooga, TN 37403
Pediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM) is the medical subspecialty focused on the prevention, diagnosis, and management of acute illnesses and injuries affecting infants, children, and adolescents.
The Region’s Only Pediatric Emergency Department
Children aren’t miniature adults. Their physical and emotional needs are unique. So when kids need care that can’t wait, Children’s at Erlanger is there for you 24/7. We offer the region’s only emergency department designed just for children. This means care is provided by board-certified pediatric emergency physicians who have devoted their careers treating kids.
Comprehensive Emergency Services for Children
- The region’s only Comprehensive Regional Pediatric Center (CRPC) functioning at the highest level of pediatric trauma care, serving critically ill and injured children, 24/7
- Immediate access to multiple pediatric subspecialists
- The region’s only pediatric surgery suites, designed exclusively for children
- Support from Child Life specialists who help make the experience less stressful and scary
- Erlanger LIFE FORCE Air Ambulance and Neonatal/Pediatric Ground Transport which make our services quickly accessible to pediatric patients throughout our region
• Child Life Program
• From Car Seats to Car Keys: Keeping Kids Safe (NHTSA)
• Prevent Children’s Injuries (CDC)
• Preventing the Spread of Illness in Child Care or School (American Academy of Pediatrics)