Child Life Wish List
Help improve a child’s hospital stay by donating toys, games, clothing and more. Please make an appointment before dropping off items.
Guidelines to help ensure safety and infection prevention
- All toys and stuffed animals must be new and unwrapped.
- Handmade items, like blankets and scarves are all washed at hospital before they are passed onto patients. Call Child Life with any specific questions about handmade donations.
- Toys must be non-toxic.
- Toys must be sturdy. Avoid toys that can break, leaving sharp edges.
- Fire regulations prohibit electrical, spark-producing or friction-producing toys.
- DVD's must be rated G, PG or PG-13.
- All video games should be rated E for everyone
- Arts and crafts kits should not include glitter.
- Rubber/latex balloons are not allowed inside the hospitals.
- We do not accept cards for patients.
Please contact Child Life to schedule a drop off date and time. Call 423-778-5907 or email: [email protected]
Directions from downtown to Children’s Hospital at Erlanger from I-27 North or South:
- Turn take 4th Street exit
- Continue onto 4th Street
- Keep straight and go up hill
- Pass the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga McKenzie arena
- Stay to the right - street curves to left and becomes 3rd Street
- Turn left at 3rd and Hampton - this intersection will be the next light so be sure that you are in the left turning lane
- You will pass Erlanger Emergency Room on your right
- Follow Signs to the Children’s Hospital Emergency Room
- It says it is for VALET only. Pull there and tell them you have a donation. They will tell you where to park.
Due to privacy and infection control for our patients and hospital visitors, we do not allow donations to be passed directly to patients or families.