What is Pediatric Hospital Medicine?
Hospital Medicine is a specialty that focuses on patients who require a stay in the hospital. “Hospitalists” provide care for patients with many kinds of illnesses, in the safest and most effective way possible.
Partnering with You and Your Doctor
Children's Hospital at Erlanger
910 Blackford Street
Chattanooga, TN 37403
Many pediatricians today are partnered with hospitalists to take care of their patients if they need to go to a hospital. At Children’s Hospital at Erlanger, our team of board-certified pediatric hospitalists take great pride in this partnership, knowing that your trust, and that of your doctor, is essential to providing your family with great care. We will:
- Meet with you every day, updating and working directly with you to make the best decisions for the care of your child so you can return home as soon as you are ready.
- Be available to you at all times.
- Work closely with your other doctors to provide the most complete care for chronic or complicated problems.
- Respect your goals, beliefs, and values.
Common Serious Illness like:
- Feeding Problems
- Fever in Infants
- Skin Infections
- Urinary Tract Infections
Complicated and/or Chronic Conditions like:
- Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Delay
- Child Abuse and Child Neglect
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Eating Disorders
- Medically Complex and Technology-Dependent Children
- Mental Health Disorders
Post-Surgical Care, Injury Recovery, and Pain Management