Why Children’s Hospital at Erlanger?
Because children’s physical and emotional needs are unique.
When ill or injured, they require specialized care and equipment. They deserve a hospital where caregivers know hugs play an important role in healing, where laughter is prescribed in large doses, and where the whole family can find comfort in times of worry and stress.
Children’s Hospital at Erlanger is this special place.
We’re the region’s only hospital staffed with pediatric subspecialists, who, along with highly-trained pediatric surgeons, nurses, respiratory therapists, pharmacists and child life professionals, have devoted their careers to working with children. We know that providing the best in children's health care takes more than special equipment or training – it takes viewing the world from the unique perspective of children and understanding what they need. Creating this special environment of healing for all children, regardless of their ability to pay, is the daily and ultimate goal of everyone at Children's Hospital at Erlanger. No other facility in the region can say they do the same.
A Comprehensive Resource – Close to Home
Children’s Hospital at Erlanger is certified as a Comprehensive Regional Pediatric Center (CRPC), the highest designation in the state for pediatrics. It’s a level of care for children often found only in cities more than twice the size of Chattanooga. Here are other ways we stand apart:
- The region’s most comprehensive resource for pediatric hematology/oncology – treating more than 90% of our area’s children with cancer
- The region’s highest level of care for premature or sick newborns – providing 24-hour, in-house neonatology
- The region’s only pediatric emergency department, staffed with board-certified pediatric emergency physicians
- The region’s only Comprehensive Regional Pediatric Center (CRPC), serving critically ill and injured children 24/7
- The region’s only pediatric surgical suites designed exclusively for children
- The region’s only teaching pediatric hospital, affiliated with the University of Tennessee College of Medicine Chattanooga
In addition to the emergency, trauma, and intensive care services listed above, Children’s Hospital at Erlanger has a comprehensive list of subspecialists from pediatric cardiologists to pediatric urologists. Click here to learn more.