What is General Pediatrics?
It is the medical subspecialty focused on the care of infants, children, and adolescents.
Your Medical Home for Comprehensive Care
Our general pediatricians are your “medical home” at the region’s only children’s hospital. This means we are your day-to-day resources for medical services ranging from well-child care, to basic childhood immunizations and illnesses, to managing complex medical conditions and chronic disorders. And when specialized attention is needed, our team works hand-in hand with the pediatric subspecialists at Children’s Hospital to ensure comprehensive, multidisciplinary care.
- Routine procedures
- Obtaining specimens for laboratory tests
- Preventive care
- Well baby check-ups
- Parent counseling
- Acute and chronic illness care
- Normal newborns/newborn exams
- Vision and hearing screening
- Urinalysis (dipstick)
- Hemoglobin determination
- Vital sign measurements
- Patient and family education
- Referral to pediatric subspecialists