What Is Pediatric Urology?
Erlanger Baroness Hospital
979 East Third Street
Chattanooga, TN 37403
Erlanger East Hospital
1755 Gunbarrel Road
Physician Office Building A, Suite 206
Chattanooga, TN 37421
Mon – Fri
9AM – 4PM
Pediatric urology is the medical and surgical subspecialty focused on the diagnosis and treatment of the urinary and genital tract conditions in children.
Comprehensive Treatment for Urologic Conditions in Children
Under the leadership of Drs. Herz and Zmaj, our pediatric urology team provides comprehensive care for children with congenital and acquired urological conditions. Our practice is unique to this region in offering fellowship-trained expertise in pediatric urology to treat:
- Urinary Tract Conditions - We offer advice and current treatments to manage your child's condition.
- Genital Abnormalities - Genital abnormalities can be very distressing to patients and families. We can provide information about these conditions and treatment options.
- Kidney Stones - Kidney stones are being diagnosed more frequently in children. Our services include medical and surgical treatments.
We offer a full range of diagnostic tests, medical solutions, and surgical treatments – all with a firm commitment to put your child’s health and well-being first.
Conditions We Treat
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Antenatal Hydronephrosis
- Bladder Dysfunction
- Vesicoureteral reflux
- Ureteral Obstruction
- Hypospadias and other genital defects/abnormalities
- Undescended testicles
- Kidney stones
- Incontinence/Bladder Dysfunction
- Intersex disorders
- Urologic Cancers
- Pediatric Urological Robot Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery
- ?Management of Antenatal Hydronephrosis
- Surgical Management of Pediatric Urologic Oncology
- Management of UTI and Bladder Dysfunction
- Surgery for Vesicoureteral Reflux and Ureteral Obstruction
- Surgery for Hypospadias
- Pediatric Penile Reconstruction
- Traditional open reconstructive urinary and genital surgery
- Minimally invasive, laparoscopic surgical techniques
- Endoscopic treatment, when indicated
Helping Your Child Prepare for a Urology Test or Procedure
"It's No Accident" by Dr. Steve Hodges