What is Pediatric Endocrinology?
Pediatric endocrinology is the medical subspecialty focused on treating children with growth, puberty, diabetes, or other hormone and gland disorders. The endocrine glands release hormones into your child's bloodstream causing growth and change.
Kennedy Outpatient Center
900 E. Third St.
Chattanooga, TN 37403
Erlanger East Hospital
1635 Gunbarrel Rd.
Physician Office Building C
Chattanooga, TN 37421
(Mondays & Thursdays)
4312 Holiday Inn Express Way, NW
Cleveland, TN 37312
The Region’s Only Hospital with a Pediatric Endocrinology Subspecialty
Children’s Hospital at Erlanger offers the region’s only endocrinology services focused on the unique medical needs of infants, children, and adolescents. Our pediatric endocrinology subspecialists offer a range of procedures including endocrine stimulation and suppression testing.
Conditions We Treat
- Diabetes mellitus, Type 1 and Type 2
- Pituitary and hypothalamic disorders (including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism)
- Growth disorders (short stature)
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH)
- Pubertal disorders (including precocious puberty and delayed puberty)
- Ovarian and testicular function
- Calcium and bone mineral metabolism (including hypercalcemia, hypocalcemia, juvenile osteoporosis)
- Turner syndrome
- Prader willi syndrome