Kohl's Cares Safety Tips
According to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons:
- Trampolines are not recommended for children under 6 years of age.
- Trampolines should not be for unsupervised recreational activity.
- Only one participant should use a trampoline at any time.
- The trampoline jumping surface should be placed at ground level.
- The supporting bars, strings, and surrounding landing surfaces should have adequate protective padding.
- Equipment should be checked regularly for safety conditions.
- Competent adult supervision and instruction is needed for children at all times.
- Safety net enclosures may give a false sense of security – most injuries occur on the trampoline surface.
- Make sure trampoline ladders are removed after use to prevent unsupervised access by young children.
All classes and information offered through Kohl's Cares are free of charge and are designed to promote awareness of and aversion strategies for day-to-day situations that may pose preventable risks to children.
Kohl's Cares Cause Merchandise for Kids
For more information visit: