Safe and Sound
Children's Hospital at Erlanger Injury Prevention Program
- At Children’s Hospital at Erlanger the leading cause of unintentional injury to children is falls.
- Pediatric injuries resulting from falls account for almost half of the admissions to our Pediatric Trauma Services.
- Pediatric falls occur as result of many types of activities.
- Some of the leading causes of outdoor falls are associated with bikes, skateboards and scooters, playground equipment, and trampolines.
- Pediatric indoor falls are associated with open stairways, furniture tip-overs, and television tip-overs.
Join Us for Safe Kids at the Zoo April 30
Kids will learn how to stay safe on the road, at home and at play with a full day of family activities. This event is free with Zoo admission. Purchase Zoo tickets online and receive a $2 discount.
Safe Kids at the Zoo
Saturday, April 30, 2022
10 AM - 2 PM
Free with Zoo Admission
Our Safe and Sound Program is committed to preventing these injuries
Bike Safety Tips
Furniture and Television Tip-Over Prevention Tips
Playground Safety Tips
Trampoline Safety Tips
All classes and information are free of charge and are designed to promote awareness of and aversion strategies for day-to-day situations that may pose preventable risks to children.