Safe and Sound
Children's Hospital at Erlanger Injury Prevention Program
- At Children’s Hospital at Erlanger the leading cause of unintentional injury to children is falls.
- Pediatric injuries resulting from falls account for almost half of the admissions to our Pediatric Trauma Services.
- Pediatric falls occur as result of many types of activities.
- Some of the leading causes of outdoor falls are associated with bikes, skateboards and scooters, playground equipment, and trampolines.
- Pediatric indoor falls are associated with open stairways, furniture tip-overs, and television tip-overs.
Join Us for a Car-Seat Safety Event with Food and Prizes June 26
Children’s Hospital at Erlanger and the Soddy Daisy Walmart will host a Car Seat Safety event on Saturday, June 26, 2021 at the Walmart location in Soddy Daisy, Tenn. from 11AM to 3PM.
This fun, family-centered event will provide car seat checks and education on proper installation, plus summer tips for water safety, heat safety and fall prevention. Food and prizes will be available – and children can visit with their favorite princesses and superheroes.
Our Safe and Sound Program is committed to preventing these injuries
Bike Safety Tips
Furniture and Television Tip-Over Prevention Tips
Playground Safety Tips
Trampoline Safety Tips
All classes and information are free of charge and are designed to promote awareness of and aversion strategies for day-to-day situations that may pose preventable risks to children.