- ALWAYS wear a properly fitted Helmet.
- Ensure proper bike size for your child, not one that he or she will grow into.
- Long or loose clothing can get caught in bike chains or wheel spokes. Dress young kids appropriately
- Actively supervise children until you are comfortable that they are responsible to ride on their own.
- Children should be able to demonstrate riding competence and knowledge of the rules of the road before cycling with traffic.
- Teach your kids to make eye contact with drivers. Bikers should make sure drivers are paying attention before they cross the road.
- Stop and look left, right, and then left again before entering a street or crossing an intersection.
- Wear bright and reflective clothing.
- Use lights when riding in or near traffic.
- Parents should always MODEL and TEACH good behavior.
All classes and information are free of charge and are designed to promote awareness of and aversion strategies for day-to-day situations that may pose preventable risks to children.