Kohl's Cares Safety Tips
- ALWAYS wear a properly fitted Helmet.
- Ensure proper bike size for your child, not one that he or she will grow into.
- Long or loose clothing can get caught in bike chains or wheel spokes. Dress young kids appropriately
- Actively supervise children until you are comfortable that they are responsible to ride on their own.
- Children should be able to demonstrate riding competence and knowledge of the rules of the road before cycling with traffic.
- Teach your kids to make eye contact with drivers. Bikers should make sure drivers are paying attention before they cross the road.
- Stop and look left, right, and then left again before entering a street or crossing an intersection.
- Wear bright and reflective clothing.
- Use lights when riding in or near traffic.
- Parents should always MODEL and TEACH good behavior.
All classes and information offered through Kohl's Cares are free of charge and are designed to promote awareness of and aversion strategies for day-to-day situations that may pose preventable risks to children.
Kohl's Cares Cause Merchandise for Kids
For more information visit: