Help and Support
Discounted hotel rates
The following hotels offer a special reduced price per room/per night for Erlanger guests. Please reference Erlanger when you make a reservation.
The Ronald McDonald House
This 26-bedroom facility serves as a “home away from home” for families with critically ill or injured children undergoing inpatient and outpatient treatment as well as cancer patients being treated in Children’s Hospital Hematology/Oncology Clinic. The Ronald McDonald House is located next Erlanger’s downtown campus.
The Ronald McDonald House
200 Central Ave.
Chattanooga, TN 37403
Ronald McDonald Family Room
The Ronald McDonald Family Room, located on the 3rd floor of Children’s Hospital near the F elevator, offers families a place to rest, wash clothes, take a shower or nap just steps away from their loved one’s bedside. The facility is open 24/7 and is staffed daily from 9 AM – 9 PM by volunteers.
Emotional & Recreational Support
- Child Life - This team works directly with children to help them relieve tension, express concerns and fears and feel more in control about their visit. Learn more here or call 423-778-5907 (ext. 5907).
- Playrooms and Toys - Located on the 3rd and 4th floors near nurses’ stations, the playrooms with toys are open 9 AM – 4 PM, Monday – Friday, for all patients and caregivers who are not on special isolation precautions. We ask that children not be left in the playrooms unattended by an adult family member. If your child cannot get out of bed or must stay in their room for medical reasons, toys may be brought in for them to enjoy. Patient siblings can visit the playroom when supervised by an adult.
- Wagons – Wagons are available through Child Life in the Emergency Department and on the inpatient pediatric floors. They help families easily and conveniently navigate the hospital, and offer children a fun diversion from what can be a stressful time.
- Rooftop Garden - Open on the 3rd floor for patients and caregivers. Ask the staff for details.
Spititual and Pastoral Support
- Pastoral Care - Pastoral Care services are available to address your spiritual and emotional needs, regardless of your religious tradition. Call 423-778-7177 (ext. 7177)
- Chapel - Erlanger’s non-denominational chapel offers patients and visitors of all faiths a quiet place for prayer, reflection and meditation. Open 24/7, the chapel is located just past the information desk on the right as you walk towards the Medical Mall.
- Zen Garden - Our outdoor Zen garden offers a peaceful, shaded setting for meditation and reflection. It is located in a quiet nook between the main hospital and the Miller Eye Center, facing 3rd Street.
Social services are provided through case managers assigned to each patient area. Our case managers are trained to help patients and their families deal with financial, social, and emotional problems related to illness or hospitalization. Learn more or call 423-778-6296.
Family Advisory Council
Led by parents who have had extensive experience at Children's Hospital, this group serves as the voice of parents with hospital staff and physicians. Call 423-778-5919 for more information or CLICK HERE to learn more.
Billing and Insurance Information
Our billing area can answer questions about your bill and how to get help paying it. You can also pay your bill online or apply for financial assistance. Learn more.