Child Life Wish List
Help improve a child’s hospital stay by donating toys, games, clothing and more. Our wish list for different age groups is shown below, or download and print a PDF copy. Please make an appointment before dropping off items.
Infants and toddlers
Rattles and squeeze toys, stackable rings, sound and light soothers, gym mats, Crib Activity Center, musical crib mobile (no cloth) with bed rail clamp, music boxes, Click'n Chatter Telephone, Baby Einstein toys, Baby's First Blocks and Play Gym, non-breakable infant crib mirrors that clip onto a rail, pop-up toys, Fisher Price Little People, plastic links to hang rattles on crib, plain "onesies" (clothing item), teething rings (no cloth), toys that light up or make noise, and batteries.
Play-Doh, Lego Duplo Blocks, Little Tykes toys, touch books, blowing bubbles (ones you use for weddings), Fisher Price play medical kit, cars and trucks, non-toxic paint/brushes, plastic cars and animals, matchbox or hot wheels, plastic food, Mr. Potato Head, coloring books, big crayons, clothing items (underwear, socks, t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants, etc.), and batteries.
Legos, Barbie's, baby dolls, new stuffed animals, markers, puzzles, Magna Doodle, Games: Monopoly Junior, Sorry, Connect Four, Guess Who, LIFE, Trouble, Apples to Apples, Checkers, small trucks, Crayola art kits, coloring books and crayons, jewelry kits with beads, action figures, superhero toys, hand held games, Xbox 360 games, non-toxic paint/brushes, "I Spy" books, harmonicas, clothing items (underwear, socks, t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants, etc.), and batteries.
$5 gift cards (iTunes, Target, Wal-Mart, Starbucks, google play, pizza delivery), Loom bracelet kits and extra rubber band packs, large-sized blankets, card games (UNO, Scrabble Slam, Monopoly Deal), Jenga, Taboo, Scattegories, Rummikub, playing cards, model kits, craft kits (no sand), plastic picture frames for decorating, sharpies, decorative duct tape, non-toxic paint/paint brushes(washable and acrylic), Elmer’s glue, canvases, sketch pads, drawing & charcoal pencils, word search books, card stock paper, scrapbook paper, hair accessories, PG-13 DVD’s, handheld games, journals, NERF footballs and other sport balls, NERF door hanging basketball, sports equipment, Xbox 360 boy/girl games, selphie sticks, ear phones, phone chargers (iPhone, Android, Samsung), clothing items (underwear, socks, t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants, etc.), and batteries.
Shop our official wish list on Amazon. Shop through AmazonSmile and 0.5% of your purchase will come directly back to us.
Travel size shampoo/conditioner, deodorant, tooth brush/tooth paste, lotions, shower gel/soap, face wash, nail polish/nail polish remover, temporary tattoos, stickers, bath color tabs, bath crayons, kids' hair extensions, funny glasses/hats/eye patches, coloring books, crayons, neon/fun sunglasses, fun headbands (fun and crazy headbands, holiday headbands), silly putty, and stress balls. View or print our Cheer Cart flier.
Guidelines to help ensure safety and infection prevention
- All toys and stuffed animals must be new and unwrapped.
- Handmade items, like blankets and scarves are all washed at hospital before they are passed onto patients. Call Child Life with any specific questions about handmade donations.
- Toys must be non-toxic.
- Toys must be sturdy. Avoid toys that can break, leaving sharp edges.
- Fire regulations prohibit electrical, spark-producing or friction-producing toys.
- DVD's must be rated G, PG or PG-13.
- All video games should be rated E for everyone
- Arts and crafts kits should not include glitter.
- Rubber/latex balloons are not allowed inside the hospitals.
- We do not accept cards for patients.
Please contact Child Life to schedule a drop off date and time. Call 423-778-5907 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions from downtown to Children’s Hospital at Erlanger from I-27 North or South:
- Turn take 4th Street exit
- Continue onto 4th Street
- Keep straight and go up hill
- Pass the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga McKenzie arena
- Stay to the right - street curves to left and becomes 3rd Street
- Turn left at 3rd and Hampton - this intersection will be the next light so be sure that you are in the left turning lane
- You will pass Erlanger Emergency Room on your right
- Follow Signs to the Children’s Hospital Emergency Room
- It says it is for VALET only. Pull there and tell them you have a donation. They will tell you where to park.
Due to privacy and infection control for our patients and hospital visitors, we do not allow donations to be passed directly to patients or families.