Nephrology and Hypertension
What is Pediatric Nephrology?
Pediatric nephrology is the medical subspecialty focused on the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic kidney disorders in children.
Kennedy Outpatient Center
900 E. Third St.
Chattanooga, TN 37403
8:30AM – 4:30PM
Comprehensive Nephrology and Hypertension Care
Children’s Hospital at Erlanger offers comprehensive nephrology services as well as specialized care for children with hypertension (high blood pressure).
Conditions We Treat
- Acute and chronic kidney and urinary tract disorders and kidney-related disorders including:
- Blood in the urine (hematuria) and protein in the urine (proteinuria)
- Renal tubular acidosis and other electrolytes abnormalities
- Acute renal failure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Kidney stones
- Voiding problems
- Pediatric hypertension
- 24-hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring (ABPM)
- Acute hemodialysis - inpatient
- Acute peritoneal dialysis - inpatient
- Continual Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) – inpatient
- Aphaeresis - inpatient
- Post- and pre-kidney transplant medicine
James Atherton, MD